Disclosure: I received free samples of California Walnuts mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by California Walnuts and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Lately, ingredients have been scarce at the grocery stores for baking. I stocked up on a few staples, like nuts, cacao powder, oats, maple syrup and coconut oil, so these days it is easy for me to make this simple no bake chocolate walnut bar dessert with ingredients right in my pantry! No-bake desserts are the best, because they are almost always quicker and easier to prepare. You only have to wait for the bars to chill in the refrigerator before serving them. Walnuts, oats and chocolate go so well together, and maple syrup gives these bars a sweet flavor you will love. I made all parts of these bars easily in my Thermomix, but you can also make them in a food processor or by hand if your ingredients are chopped.
Enjoy a chocolate walnut bar as a pick-me-up sweet snack to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings, or as a healthier dessert choice!
A handful of California walnuts is a versatile snack and can satisfy any taste preference, from savory to sweet. Regardless of your flavor preference, walnuts are the only nut to provide an excellent source of the plant-based omega-3, ALA (2.5g/oz).
I entered this no bake chocolate bar recipe into the California Walnuts Sweet vs. Savory Snack contest, hope you enjoy!
No Bake Chocolate Walnut Bars
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 90 ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 30 ml maple syrup
- 2 cups walnuts
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Add the crust ingredients to a food processor and chop well, then press into the pan and place in the refrigerator.
- Add the filling ingredients to a food processor and chop well, then press on top of the crust.
- Melt the chocolate chips in intervals in the microwave or using the double boiler method, then stir in the coconut oil, cream and cacao powder.
- Spread the chocolate on top of the filling.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting into squares.