Some days, all I need is a simple pasta dish for lunch. Gemelli is one of my favorite types of pasta, and find it goes great with pesto sauce. I love how the sauce gets stuck inside the little twists! It is delicious tossed together with a fresh, homemade pesto sauce (although you can use store-bought to make things easier), and cherry tomatoes and quartered artichoke hearts.
Artichokes are known for two health benefits: antioxidants and fiber. The heart is the most flavorful part! Artichoke hearts go well with pastas and on top of pizza. What is your favorite way to eat them?
The pesto can be made in a food processor, or if you are lucky enough to have a Thermomix® it can be made even easier…The cheese and garlic do not need to be processed before, because the Thermomix® with grate and chop it all for you at the same time as the other ingredients. Enjoy!
Simple Pesto Gemelli
- 1 box gemelli pasta, cooked to package directions and drained
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pine nuts or walnuts
- 2 tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Add all ingredients except the pasta, tomatoes and artichoke hearts into a food processor or Thermomix® mixing bowl and blend well.
- Toss the pesto sauce together with the pasta, tomatoes and artichoke hearts and serve warm.
Disclaimer: I am a Thermomix® consultant and sell them as an independent business. “THERMOMIX,” “VORWERK,” “COOKKEY,” and “COOKIDOO” are a registered trademark of VORWERK (or its affiliates). VORWERK does not support, authorize or endorse this site.